Get Involved - Support RMHC of the Ohio Valley Families
In the last year, volunteers contributed nearly 11,000 hours of their time to support Ronald McDonald House Charities® programs. Their gifts of love and compassion make this house more than just a place to stay. They truly are the heart of our “home-away-from-home”.
Volunteers perform numerous duties around the house. Some of these tasks include:
- Clean the common areas and guest rooms
- Prepare pop tabs for recycling
- Spruce up the courtyard
- Check families in and out at the front desk
- Volunteers typically work a three hour shift. Many people volunteer once a week, once a month or fill in as their schedule fits.
Show Your Stripes
Our volunteers also make their time with the charity fun.
I’m ready! – How do I become a Volunteer?
1. Complete our online Volunteer Contact Form.
2. Complete the adjoining Volunteer Application and Background Check – including the $5 processing fee.
3. Schedule and complete your first day of training.
4. Set up your volunteer schedule.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Volunteer Coordinator at (812) 402-7642 with any questions.
Due to the unique nature of all volunteer placements at RMHC of the Ohio Valley, it is our policy to not accept any volunteer placements by any court-mandated referrals.