In the last year, volunteers contributed more than 12,000 hours of their time to support RMHC of the Ohio Valley programs. Their gifts of love and compassion make this house more than just a place to stay. They truly are the heart of our charity. Volunteers perform numerous duties around the house. Some of these tasks include:
- Cleaning common areas and guest rooms
- Preparing pop tabs for recycling
- Spruce up the courtyard
- Check families in and out at the front desk
I’m ready! – How do I become a Volunteer?
1. Complete our online Volunteer Contact Form.
2. Take a tour of the House to learn more details about ways to help.
3. Complete the volunteer application and background check (including a $5 processing fee).
4. Schedule and complete your first day of training.
5. Set up your volunteer schedule.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 812-402-7642 x305 with any questions. Due to the unique nature of all volunteer placements at RMHC of the Ohio Valley, it is our policy to decline court-mandated referrals.